Thread: boredom @ work
View Single Post
Old 10-16-02, 08:31 PM
bikeman
Lovin' my Fixie

Bikes: Litespeed Classic, C-Dale MT1000, 80's Trek 770, 2005 Raleigh Rush Hour Pro, Fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to get bored at work during slow times, then it got so boring and business was so bad that I got laid off from my job. Now I'm not as bored trying to find a new job. The plus side is that between my internet searches, phone calls, meetings and doing email I just "have" to take a break from it all and I actually do get to go for a ride. I would say that is the one of the few good things about not having a job. Everything else just sucks.

The other day I was pretty stressed out and decided to go out on a beautiful day and I ended up riding almost 50 miles by the time I returned. I was tired but less stressed. It is fun in a sick sort of way to tease my working clubmates about being able to ride when they are working. They of course remind me that they have a paycheck and I don't. Payback that I deserve for my snide comments.

So for those of you that are bored at work, don't look now by maybe the big layoff could be coming your way too. Hope not for your sake. If it is really bad at work then start looking for a new job. Do what you are good at and what you like to do. I'm looking at this as a new opportunity to make some changes.