rockjamesroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HGR3inOK
Dahon warranty information is at:
http://www.dahon.com/support/how-reg...ty-information
Please note that the warranty is to the original owner with a purchase receipt from an authorized Dahon dealer, and the warranty is not transferable. IMHO, in the situation being discussed, the seller & buyer should negotiate a price based on the fact that the "prize" Dahon does not meet the requirements for a warranty from Dahon to the buyer.
-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA
I just talked to a local Dahon dealer and he said that I can take it to him and he gives me a receipt for the assembly, tune-up, etc. and then I can register it online (he claims he can't do it) and that I can put in "raffle" as the place where I purchased it from. He says once I register it, I do not need a receipt for warranty claims as the registration replaces the receipt. I am hoping this is accurate. What do you guys think?

I also talked to Thor and he gave me a good price for a brand new one that he can ship already assembled. It is around $100 more than I am spending on the craigslist bike plus the cost of dealer assembly. Thor said the craigslist bike is a great value and I am buying the Dahon for the quality and not the warranty. Just thinking warranty is good for the peace of mind.