RandoneeRider
Retired C.O.

Bikes: REI 2009 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RichardGlover,
THANKS..... I'll be looking into claimed protein content of the meal replacements. The sales pitch is that they're designed with balanced carbohydrate/protein content in mind. But as you suggest, I need to maintain enough protein for my bike rides, resistance training, and walking ("rest & recuperate" during motorcycle rides over the weekend!). When I asked about this....., the "life coach" or whatever they wanna call themselves, suggested to limit my exercise to no more than thirty minutes, especially during the first three weeks of the 'diet'/lifestyle change. I think all they do is parrot what they've been coached to say.... liability issues, etc.

The diet absolutely prohibits any fruit. BUT I may sneak a banana, non-fat dairy, some tofu, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and protein powder into a blender after 20+ mile bicycle rides (being careful to see if my energy allows the longer rides). I've already added to the 'plan' this morning, 278 calories of hard boiled egg & steel cut Irish Oatmeal. I'll be looking at the total calories and percentage of protein by day's end. But I've already established that I need to add as many as 470 calories (from 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes of resistance training) to the 2200 calories needed based on my Resting Meabolic Rate.

The whole purpose of all of this is two-fold:
To reduce Body Fat/get fit
-and-
pay attention to my intake/exercise discipline/learn how to prepare inteligent meals.