View Single Post
Old 07-09-11, 07:00 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OT: A new experience

To keep this bike related I'll say I rode the "Bike for the Health of It" program this morning and enjoyed a wonderful ride with 85+ participants on the local trails. One little 8 year old girl rode the entire 12 miles on her 20" sidewalk bike.....Hooray for her!

It was too hot to work in the yard this afternoon so my daughter and I headed for a local mall to pick up a couple items I needed. Shortly after getting on the interstate I noticed several police cruisers parked along the highway with their lights flashing. My first thought was there might be an accident ahead or ODOT is rolling out the orange barrels again.

Being a law abiding citizen I slowed down and moved to the hammer lane to keep clear of the police along the highway. After a mile or two and several cruisers one of the officers along the side jumped onto the highway and signaled for me to stop. It was then that I noticed a speeding pickup with several cruisers behind it approaching me from the rear. I also noticed stop sticks across the highway Thankfully they all got around me and exited the interstate about a quarter of a mile ahead.

The news reported they finally stopped the truck with the stop sticks shortly after she exited the interstate. It seems they tried to stop her in my town for doing 52 in a 35 mph zone and she decided to flee because she didn't have a valid license. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! She could have gotten someone killed out there.

The news channel also said they were trying to obtain tape from the cruiser cameras for the news later tonight.....maybe I'll be on the news

I don't think I want this experience again.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith