Old 06-23-05, 04:00 PM
SaskCyclist
The Land of Living Skies

Bikes: Kona Hahannah, Rocky Mountain RC-30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was agreeing with the original poster regarding his view of people whining about their walk to their cars.

Anyways, I think you can plan for any possible weather on any given day. I don't watch the weather forecasters to see what the day should bring as I would probably get caught without raingear or something. The only thing I wouldn't be prepared for today are tempuratures below 0C or snow that sticks. Seeing as how our average temps for this time of the year is from 13C to 24C my risk is pretty low. The only extra clothes I carry are a lightweight breathable jacket which doubles as a rain jacket and waterproof pants which double as the last layer in colder weather. I like to think that I would be prepared for anything that mother nature could throw at me. Perhaps I am clueless but in the last two years of commuting by bike I can say I have never got caught without the proper gear. (I had to walk once when I had a flat tire but if it happened again I could fix it on the spot.)I have two panniers that carry all my stuff including saftey gear, clothes (just in case), wallet, lunch and a suit and tie for work. In my mind, if I am going to commute by bike and not have an automobile as a back up I need to carry all the gear I could need and cash for a cab/bus just in case.