Old 07-11-11, 03:39 PM
rtool

Bikes: 2014 ICE Spring FSX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 3rd Annual 50+ Summer Ride, "One Helluva Ride" Invitation

I want to start off by thanking Roadfan for all that he did setting things up for us, and helping make it a great weekend adventure. Beautiful bike Ken.

Enjoyed getting together with Roadfan, Freedomrider1, and John Thursday evening in Chelsea at the Irish Pub for beer, good food and great conversation. One busy town on Thursday evenings.

The Friday ride with all the 50+ers was lots of fun. John and I don’t usually ride that fast but we managed to hang-in-there. Felt good to stretch our legs and get up a good head of steam for the rolling hills. Zingerman’s was quite an experience, never seen so many items, on so many menu boards (super eats). The ice cream shop after the Friday ride was also excellent, good choice Roadfan. John and I also enjoyed getting together with Jim from Boston, Freedomrider1, and Irwin at the Common Grill in Chelsea Friday evening for good food and more great conversation.

Saturday ride for John and I was superb (we opted for the 39 miler) which worked out great for us. Food stops were excellent, especially at Chelsea fairgrounds for ice cold watermelon. Seen Jim from Boston, Freedomrider1, and Blazing Pedals that morning at the fairgrounds.

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear your doing better. Really enjoyed your pics. Looking forward to riding with you again at next years event. Heal quickly.

I know Beverly (Ma Barker) would have had a fantastic time meeting all of you. John and I missed dragging her along, and listening to her giving us directions, (usually) friendly criticisms, and generally working herself into frenzy trying to keep the boys in line, and updating us from her Garmin. The three of us earned the name of “Ma Barker and the Boys” from the New York Finger Lakes 50+ ride last year. We did miss her a lot and wish her the very best in her recovery.

To all, thanks for being there, we had a real great time and are looking forward to the next 50+ride. It is always great to put faces with the names on Bike Forums.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3 MI trip.jpg (101.9 KB, 62 views)
1 MI trip.jpg (102.5 KB, 62 views)
4 MI trip.jpg (101.3 KB, 63 views)
5 MI trip.jpg (98.3 KB, 62 views)
2 MI trip.jpg (99.8 KB, 61 views)