Infinitedreams
Learning 1 day at a time

Bikes: 26" Magna from Target!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndGen
Just to get you started...Full Dura Ace 7800 w/Ultegra SL crank, Ultralight CNC brakes,
Fizik cockpit, Edge 1.0 fork, Dura Ace 7900 pedals & Ksyrium Elites at 15.65lbs.
Awesome upgrades. I'll might follow suit with those upgrades as soon as my budget allows however it might be a quite a while as I'm going to school and not currently working. Looks like you spent more in upgrades than I spent on my entire bike! Fork and all too! Inspiring and gives me something to look forward to.

How much of a difference in riding did all those upgrades make? I hear good wheels make quite a difference...what about the rest of the components. How much better was your ride after upgrading from the stock components?

What's the average life span for a set of wheels? Currently I'm doing 125 miles a week riding to school every day and a recreational ride on the weekends.

The CAAD 10 105 being my first road bike is already an awesome ride but I have nothing to compare it to other than my hybrid and a MTB. It's such a difference riding on a good bike! I did finally spin out on my compact 12-27. It was only one time and for now it's okay as I can't keep up or 'hold it' on my highest gear normal flats but going downhill I really hate spinning out.