fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Originally Posted by JunkYardBike
That's right! Employee discount...

Remind me never to post a photo of my aluminum Giant road bike.

I guess some people just don't get buyer's remorse like me...or, to put it another way, aren't tightwads like me. Who's to stop someone from buying the latest and greatest if they have the do-re-mi? Conspicuous consumption makes the world go round. I just want to know who's getting rich? Not the bike shop owners. The big name brands I guess?

"It may be the devil or it may be the Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody."
It's a free country so people don't need my permission or advice for anything. Billions of people survive and even thrive without my opinions and advice (how do they do it????). I just found that most folks I spoke with wanted to be considered a "serious cyclist" and the more expensive stuff gave them that feeling.

This shop's owner was doing okay but in no way was he getting rich. People always want newer, better stuff. Who am I to tell them no? The opinions of some under-employed, pretentiuos, know it all, desperately clinging to old ideas?

"Apple, scmapple! Did you see the picture quality on this here Beta max??? Why would you ever need anything else**********