Faster but still slow

Bikes: Trek 830 circa 1993 and a Fuji WSD Finest 1.0 2006

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brontide
Can't read your own post?

Men seem to fall into two categories ignorant or predator according to women like you.

Take for example the "lecherous men", have you even stopped to think they could be confused or be checking out the frigging bike?! I know I'm always checking out what others are riding be it a man or a woman riding. Maybe they wanted to form a pace line, but after getting a death stare they reconsidered.

No, not all men or even most men are ignorant. skye is ignorant. That is the only ignorant person I was referring to. Try rereading my posts.

I doubt the dude in the beat up ford bronco who passed me on a rural road, only to then turn around to give me this look wanted to form a pace line. Unless what I call a pace line and what you call a pace line are two different things.

I get asked often if I need help. As a woman on the side of the road, it is to be expected. I may even get asked that up to four times in one ride. The vast majority of these folks clearly mean well. I am quite sure of that. However, maybe three or four times a year there will be one creepy dude that makes my skin crawl with his actions.

Let me make this clear. I do not think men fall into one of two categories of ignorant or predator. That is ridiculous. Men, like women cannot be categorized in such a simplistic manner. I do not hate or dislike men. In fact, I often feel much more comfortable socializing with men than I do women. I can do my own mechanical work, hate make up and frilly ****, and just generally tend to get along with men better. So don't start thinking I am some Oprah-loving man-basher. I am not.

I merely stated in my post some possible reasons as to why many women might not feel comfortable riding a bike as an activity. I ride 100 to 200 miles a week, so clearly those things aren't enough to sway me away from cycling.