Old 07-14-11, 04:52 PM
parzley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New centaur ergos - no micro clicks on downshift?

I'm putting a new bike together, and have just set up the Centaur Ergos. To my horror, the front mech shifts down in huge jumps. I have been using Ergos for years and always loved the ability to trim the front mech with micro clicks. The micro clicks are still there on the upshift, but on the down shift, the mech moves a little when the button is pressed, then a whole lot more when the button is released.

I am hoping that someone will tell me that this behaviour indicates that they are broken, so I can return them for replacement. Failing that, is there a campag ergo that works the same as my lovely 1998 9 speed Chorus levers, with micro-clicks in both directions, and that will work with a 10 speed triple set-up?

From reading elsewhere in this forum (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ifter-question, but this thread is a couple of years old) I can see that Campag have experimented with ditching the micro clicks, but I thought they had reverted to micro clicks - have I been sold an old non-micro-click LH ergo? On the box, they are described as "Power-shift Ergopower control levers"