View Single Post
Old 07-15-11, 05:28 PM
SoreFeet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Friends don't let friends ride Brooks

My greatest fear has come true. I have been told that vintage brooks saddles are better than the modern offerings. It is true. If your going to shell out 40-100$ on a saddle it should not be a modern brooks.

My brand spanking new Brooks Champion Flyer saddles sags. It's awful. It's a butt hatchet. I can't really enjoy it. The bottom line is Brooks does not care about quality. They have become popular again and the quality suffers.

I adjusted the tensnion bolt, but all it did was make the tension bolt slip and lose more tension of the hide. I hope my local shop will at least send the saddle back to brooks for an inspection and replacement. It's not okay for this to happen. Why buy a 100$ seat if it is only good for 50 miles.

The bottom line is any 10-20 year old brooks is going to be better than the new ones. Brooks does not properly cure and tension the saddles today. It's much cheaper to slap on the hide without curing it. They simple bolt the leather and expect it to be stable. It's not...It's a lousy quality hide at a largely inflated price.

I