Old 07-16-11, 05:07 AM
phee

Bikes: BMC RM01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had a Felt and liked it a lot. Unfortunately it was too big for me. Picked up a BMC Team Machine when CC had their sale last year and was extremely happy. The BMC felt like a very fast bike and while I am not a big person, there was absolutely no flex in the frame. The Felt I had did not inspire confidence at higher speeds, where the BMC just begged to go faster. Whether this was because the Felt was too big (I wound up replacing the stem with an 80mm to get the reach right) or not I can't say, but when descending I would scrub speed due to a wobble that would start to appear. My BMC just recently developed a crack in the seat tube, and it has been replaced with a RM01 RaceMachine. The crack was about an inch long under the front derailleur clamp (It looks like it might have been overtightened), and I thought that I would be jumping through hoops to get it taken care of, but the exact opposite was the case. I sent the pics and the form in and had an answer from BMC within a couple of days. I would have liked them to replace the frame with another SLT, but that was just wishful thinking. so I guess what I am saying is: go with the BMC :-)