Old 07-16-11, 08:55 AM
dengidog

Bikes: Habanero Titanium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclesafe
Mr Tuffy's are tricky to install without destroying your tube in short order. Spinskins reduce the number of flats, but they are pricey. Marathon Plus definitely reduce flats, but they nevertheless can be defeated by thorns - and they are heavy. Tire savers don't work if your tire even has a slight tread. No free lunch.

Schwalbe Durano Plus are available in 622-23.
I put Mr. Tuffy Ultra-lites on my tires and have had no problems w/them nor did I have problems installing them. Just make sure they're as centered as possible. Maybe ignorance is bliss, but they've caused no problems w/wear, etc, and I'm at nearly 1500 miles on them. Not saying that it won't happen, just hasn't happened yet. Also, I ride on roads that have nails, glass, thorns, assorted crap and have had only one flat--this was from a shard of glass that had worked its way into a small crack in the side of my old tire (the bike had been in storage for 5 years and I was trying to milk the tires as long as I could...big mistake).

My bike company told me the same--that the liner would eventually wear out the tube, but if I can get 1500 or so miles out of a tube, heck, that sure beats getting flat after flat. I'll willingly buy new tubes just for the convenience of not having to stop and fix another flat. But I'm lazy that way, YMMV.