View Single Post
Old 07-19-11, 09:04 AM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FlatTop
Sadly, that Rudge was mistakenly gathered up with a bunch of bikes that I gave to a fellow that needed transportation.
I saw it a year or so later, being ridden by a dignified-looking fellow not too far from my home. He'd no doubt purchased the bike in good faith, and I have to admit he had kept it up nicely. I didn't have the heart to pursue the matter...nor the proof of ownership.

EDIT: It would seem that bike on Ebay is being sold in the state of New Jersey. I wonder if it could be my oldie?
It would be quite a turn of events if that is the case! The guy selling it responded that he was selling it for his father, and since you mentioned "a dignified-looking fellow", it may fit your description. It is currently in Gloucester County and it appears the guy is a bit of a bike collector.