View Single Post
Old 07-19-11, 07:13 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stubby
For 1% of the population........ go for it, and best of luck. You're going to need it.

If you look farther into the site they go on with criticize bike lanes and it looks like anything else that deals with bike infrastructure. I wonder how many folks are biking in Orlando FL. I'm going to make a guess and say it's very small.

Perhaps the AAA is funding the site to help discourage bike use.
If the bike lanes in Orlando are "designed" anything like the ones down here in St. Pete, I don't blame them for "dissing" the bike lanes. As most bike lanes are poorly designed and are shoehorned onto roads as an afterthought to "appease" the cycling community.

The best way to design bicycling infrastructure is from the ground up. When they're designing the road, or when they are doing major work to the road they need to redesign it from the ground up to include bicycle infrastructure. "Shoehorning" bicycle infrastructure in after the fact without doing any kind of redesigning isn't the answer.