Old 07-21-11, 09:10 PM
bonsaigt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Picchio Special
You need to post pics, please.
Some Ross Signatures are very high-end; most are distinctly middle-end. It's certainly a good sign that it's SL. Is there someone's "signature" as a decal on one of the chainstays? As I say, pics are necessary to really tell the story.
I'm going to try to clean it up a bit this weekend, so I'll post some pictures afterwards. I did talk to the previous owner a bit about the bike though. She bought the bike in 1986 for $800. Not being a serious rider, she swapped out the original Shimano 600 brake levers and pedals for cheap Dia-Comp levers with "cheater levers" and platform pedals. Unfortunately, she long ago threw the originals out. She also changed out the original wheels and tires - which were sew-ups - for modern clincher rims/tires, and changed out the seat. The rest is original, and aside from some nicks in the pain, in very good condition. The shifters, derailleurs, brakes, crank, hubs, quick-releases, and seatpost are all original Shimano 600, with Cinelli handlebar and stem. Here's a quick photo I took with my phone when I first got the bike home:

http://twitpic.com/5sq3u0