View Single Post
Old 07-22-11, 11:02 AM
charbucks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So happy right now, she definitely isn't too small! And lhtowner, you were right... unloaded, she's actually pretty snappy! I can't believe how smooth a ride it is. I barely notice the roots on the MUP that I curse at on my road bike. I only put about 15km on her yesterday, but so far I'm very happy. I'm averaging about 5 km/hr slower than I would on the roadie, which is totally reasonable in my books, particularly given the gearing. What a grannie on that thing! I can't wait for my racks to arrive to do a loaded test.

indyfabz: I think the shop cut the steering tube down a wee bit, but there's still 3 spacers on top so I've got lots of room for adjustment. I'm pretty happy with the current setup, but I'm going to go back to the LBS when the bike fitter gets back from vacation so I can get set up proper. Here's what she looks like now:

Also, that free bike camping in Twin Bridges sounds fantastic! Campgrounds in Canada are brutally expensive. Anything under $20 is considered cheap, and that's with non-potable water. Forget showers. Maybe I'll have to dip down to Montana...