cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiepliers
I love how Joey Li, the OP, has put this thread in and left the rest of the forum to create a firestorm of hate in here.. Without another post from Joey Li. Fight-starting bastard.. Stop this thread..
who cares?
there's too much threadlockin by mods as it is...
I don;t read hate, it all depends on the color of the glasses you are wearin...
as with all things BF, everyone has an opinion...
mine
if you can create lamentation on a tempo ride or a serious hard hill, you'll prolly find a scrum of director sportifs on your doorstep
how one gets there is their problem (or their nation's ...)
Pro racing is 'pro', which does define it's focus for athletes.
cycling used to be the way out for many underprivileged kids in the Euro zone. Back when you could give a kid a bike, a little support in parts and tires and start them rollin. I'm sure some of that still happens on the Continent. It's happened a few times in the US, that I know if.
Kissena used to have a good Dev. program. I know T-Town had a good one. I think the Mid-West Tracks had them. many Local Clubs where I home-based BITD always looked for enthusiastic youth to ensnare into the web of cycling.

It's a highly developed sport, as are many others. Fitting those requirements is beyond the means of many. That's ok.
There are sports with much simpler economic development ramps - soccer, baseball, even tennis. They all show the multicultural possibilities when economics can be tamed. And the smart money goes into those areas.

Everytime cycling shows a little bit of that, it's exciting. But it can't be expected to show the broad range of the soccer WC - just not gonna happen.

it's all good

don;t worry
be happy

Last edited by cyclezen; 07-25-11 at 10:24 AM.