qmsdc15
Banned

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by giantcfr1
You guys are getting / are serious. I must be getting old because I went the opposite direction to comfort. Is there an old fogey forum on here?
Originally Posted by Gunga Dan
There's a forum for 50+

I'm in that age bracket too (just!), and bought my current bike thinking I'd go for more "comfort" as well, which I do appreciate. But I'd also like the option of being able to ride with less wind resistance, when I want to (like when I'm spanking some 20 - something who tries to pass me on one of the trails I frequent, which always brings a smile to my aging face ;-) I don't plan to lower the handlebars, raise the seat, and pretend I'm Cadel Evans full-time, life''s too short for that, but I would like a more streamlined position "For Occasional Use Only" ;-)

GD
I didn't realize you guys were so old!

I was not asked to ride for Team Geritol in '98, (old enough but too slow). They agreed to sell me a T-shirt.

Total years messengering 48, total age 164, if I was on the 4 person team, these numbers would have been higher.

"Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin’ high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
“We’ll meet on edges, soon,” said I
Proud ’neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now
"

~Bob Dylan "My Back Pages"

Consider a very tall stem and mount it pointing backwards. Upside down drop bars offer a variety of positions and if your hands still hurt, add aero extensions so you can lean on your elbows occasionally.

Seat as high as Cadel's? It better be unless you are a wee laddie.

Haha just kidding. He claims 5'9" which is about average. His stature is huge in my eyes but he looks shorter than Contador who is 5'9" and the Schlecks of course who tower above typical grand tour riders.

Last edited by qmsdc15; 07-25-11 at 05:02 PM.