View Single Post
Old 07-26-11, 07:59 PM
Big_e
Strong with the Fred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My first and worst accident was last month. I was crossing an intersection and a car decides to cross at the same time. The driver barely misses hitting me head on and I splat into the side of the car and bounce off the roof and onto the pavement. It was a T-intersection and I was going Northbound. The car the stop sign waited for me to cross and the car going South had stopped too. As I was halfway through the intersection, the Southbound car guns it and turns right where I was crossing narrowly missing me head-on. The old lady gets out all apoligetic to see if I was ok.

I called the paramedics and police then used my phone to take pics of the car and intersection. I was scared and wasn't sure if I needed to go to the hospital. Ambulance treated me on the spot, police took a report and gave me a ride back home. Next day I was good was new with just scraps on the elbows and chin, no harm no foul. I really don't think the lady meant harm. I was riding my Puch beaterbike and it suffered no damage. The lady's passenger-side door has a long gash to remember me by.

Since then, I got a call from her insurance co. They found her to be at fault based on the police report and sent me a settlement check for $750.00!

Last edited by Big_e; 07-26-11 at 08:08 PM.