View Single Post
Old 07-27-11, 09:04 PM
igknighted

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdrew9
If your riding forward like this with a flatter back, lower stem. Aren't you essentially riding on your "crank". Thats what stops me from dropping anymore is that all the pressure is further on the front of my pearial area.
I don't think the position is maintainable for everyone, but if it's the junk that is causing the problem, then I think there are some simple tweaks that can fix the issue. If you have it set up properly, that is (correct position and a saddle that works for you). Assuming the saddle is good, tilt the nose up a hair (you will want to slide back ever so slightly, pressuring the back half of your behind, not the soft tissue in front). If that still doesn't help, your reach may be too long, so either slide the saddle forward or use a shorter stem (often when dropping the bars lower, you need to shorten the stem to keep the same reach). Finally, if nothing works, you may be weak in your core strength. If you can't comfortably let go of the bars and hover in that position, you are either (a) too low, (b) too far forwards, or (c) too stretched out. You can address each of a,b and c to fix this (which may involve moving the bars up... not everyone can hold that low position for a variety of reasons), or work on strengthening your core. Or both.