Leukybear 
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by hamfoh
you're so excited to have her biking that you're already upgrading the bike she just got, of course she's going to get her way for the foreseeable future That's awesome though. Girls I've dated have always tried to get into riding with me, but their interest always fades over time. I always got nervous, for their safety, when we'd ride for some reason too. It was never as enjoyable as it should've been.
Yeah, I'll have to admit that I was quite nervous of her safety, hence as I posted earlier, on the first ride with her on her new bike I was on my lowest gear on my roadie (roadie because my townie commuter had a impromptu pinhole flat) so I could deliberately stay behind her in the ride.

Nah she's into cycling already... let's just say, me leaving a "loaded" roadie (my previous bianchi nirone; DA 7900 (it was my orbea orca's stock group and I swapped it over when I went red; it was my back up bike basically), easton tempest carbon) in the garage while I was gone and BART (the subway back in the bay yayay FYI) charging for parking at our neighborhood station (my wife's BART tab is company covered) gave her commute ideas. Paired with some womanly innovation, she rode my bike with heels before a cycling workmate of hers saw what she was doing and then gave the bike a impromptu fit adjustment/ parts swap so she could ride with flat soled shoes/ speedplay (I had them on there as I run them primarily. Yes, she bought her own clipless shoes (sidis!!!! I totally have a feeling she got persuaded/ taken advantage of by a LBS; especially when I notice there's a pint sized size 39 pair of genius 6.6's in our shoe rack) and paired them with cleats I had in my parts bin. The bike ended up with a much more recessed seatpost height from how I had it (not close to slammed through thanks to the nirone convex TT) and a short knubby stem; I mentioned impromptu fit because the frame was oversized for her no matter how you adjust it, she would have to lean the bike to the side when she dismounts for a light.
Nonetheless that is all about to change when she goes home and finds the properly/ womanly sized orbea orca di2 that I built up for her through a CL bargain and parts swap over form the nirone.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Pound sign: Kilo TT