Old 07-28-11, 10:02 AM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Interesting ride on the MUP last night;
A couple walking their dog. The dog was tiny, the people where not, they needed much more exercise. Of course the dog was on an extendable leash. As I approached it gave me the little dog evil eye. If it darted in front of me, and I hit it, it would not have survived. Lucky for everybody, it didn't.
Saw a (I guess) father and son, son had ear buds, father had head phones, that completely covered his ears. I'm glad we passed them from the front.
Then there is the guy riding a bike we had to pass from behind, of course he had ear buds. He was going at a moderate pace, but was all over the path. So we slowed a bit and stayed behind him. Suddenly he started yelling and waving his arm, whatever he was listening to must have been exciting. My wife gave me a look that was priceless. She also rang her bell, to no effect. A minute or two later she yelled loudly, PASSING!. It startled him so much he nearly fell. I nearly fell from laughing. He did look kind of embarrassed when we did finally pass.