Old 07-30-11, 11:17 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
I will advise on what I did in the late 80's when there was no real consumer useful web.

I taped some good quality trace paper in place. carefully outlined the characters as a complete set. this was for letterspacing and position on the tube, so also measure to a measurement marker such as a lug, or braze on.
Then I traced each letter individually, as you will need to I corrected for fractured regions. Yours helps as some letters repeat.
Then I created master art at 200% or more. 400% would be better.
This went to a vinyl cutter. He digitized the letters and created my new graphics.

With today's technology a number of tasks could be done differently, and the outline is easier, I had to abandon mine at the time. I would still suggest a tracing to double check the results for overall spacing.

The fun part of these frames for me are the head tube "country" emblems of the capital F in the oval, a nod to what was seen on some European cars of the period.

Creating the digital master oversize will tighten up the art as it reduces and you will get a better result in the end. Run a few extra sets, I bet later there will be other Paris-Sport owners who would buy a set or two from you to help offset up front costs.