Old 08-01-11, 08:50 PM
phlydude

Bikes: none

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My b-dy present - 1 week early

My wife told me earlier today that when she got home from work (I work remote 3 days a week) that she wanted to go out. "Be ready" is what she said...

So when she arrived home, she asked if I was ready and said we needed to take the truck because she had too much stuff in her car (more on that later).

Get in the truck and back out and ask where we are going, she said to get my b-day present...

So we head over to the LBS and I kind of knew what I wanted but talked to the guys at the shop and they agreed...Trek Navigator 1.0 for my size and what I want to do in the next year or so. I got on it and it felt a little high (21" frame) but he adjusted the seat post, checked the air pressure in the tires and told me to give it a try. I give it ride around the parking lot and everything is right in my world again. It has been over 18 years since I was last on a bike and I MISSED IT!!

So we load it in the truck and bring it home...I give it a quick ride around the neighborhood and by the time I get home, my legs are jelly. I don't know exactly how far I went but getting a feel for the bike and cycling through the gears to get an idea of how it shifts and just see overall how each feels and how much pedaling I have to do.

Headed out to get a melon protector and a hacksaw...that was the caveat. B-day present comes early and I get to install a new closet system into one of the closets in the a spare bedroom...

Well there are trade-offs everywhere and this is just one of them.

As of today, starting out @ 325lbs (compared to 500 lbs at this time last year) - looking forward to accelerating my weight loss via riding. Plenty of parks and trails for me to explore (paved) around here and it will only get better as it moves into autumn.