View Single Post
Old 08-01-11, 09:02 PM
xrayzebra 
Very Verbose Member

Bikes: Surly Troll, Commencal Meta Power 29 Signature, old Specialized Hard Rock electrified, several restomod Schwinns, Biria Easy Board, Worksman trike electrified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
You can only get so novel and so uncommon before you are out in left field. Folders are a specialty-niche market to start with. When you start breaking that market down into smaller niches, pretty soon you need to be making custom bikes instead of standard models.

I'm seeing what looks like a number of tasty bikes to me. I don't care if they look a lot like Dahons - I liked Dahons just fine.

I also like that I am seeing what looks like two belt driven Alfine 11 speed bikes. (Edit: NOT belt driven. Covered chain driven.) I'm really eager to see the msrp on the Eclipse 11i and the Verge 11i. The Eclipse looks like a 24 inch belt drive Alfine 11 with disc brakes. I only know of one "conventional" 2011 production 700 cm bike that kinda matches that, the Spot Acme. Maybe one of the other folder makers is offering something like this - I don't know. Bike Friday would be my guess, and then as a somewhat custom bike?

Last edited by xrayzebra; 08-01-11 at 09:10 PM.