Photog Extraordinaire

Bikes: Santa Cruz Chameleon, Cannondale R800 (CAAD4) with Dura-Ace upgrade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Average speed in km/h of 1990 Tour: 38.6

Average speed in km/h of 1991 Tour: 38.75

Dang, they really sped up didn't they? Of course, maybe the course was tougher but they still got faster? I didn't look at the route.

It was a great documentary. I don't know if a lot of people realize just how devestating the gunshot wound was that he suffered. My wife was watching and asked me what the deal was with Americans needing to face death to win anything in European cycling.

LeMond was a great champion. It was good to see. I just wish they hadn't made those comments about the peloton all starting to dope at once. I know that doping is a problem, but do we really believe that they all got together one year and decided everyone was going to dope, but hey don't tell Greg? It's just so strange.

It was fun to watch the footage from those Tours. Watching Fignon collapse as he crossed the finish line only to lose by 8 seconds to LeMond. Everybody mashing on the pedals and their bodies bobbing with every stroke. So different from the fashion of the day with everyone trying a higher, more efficient cadence.