View Single Post
Old 08-03-11, 06:23 AM
bikemanbob

Bikes: Bertoni Corsa Mondiale, Bridgestone T-700, Miyata 700 GT, Trek 600, Trek 560 Professional Series, Chrome Panasonic DX 2000, Peugeot PH12, Peugeot PX10, Schwinn World Voyageur, Schwinn Circuit, and Schwinn Voyageur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Gitane Olympic Record II

Most bikes I buy require up to an hour drive, but this one was within 10 minutes. I had been watching it on ebay, but the price wasn't good for me. After the auction ended, the bike appeared on Craigslist. Once again, the price was fair but it wasn't good for me. A day passed from the initial posting and I decided to see if it was still available. Much to my surprise, the owner had reduced the bike by half. Suddenly, the price is good for me. Surprisingly, the owner didn't top post, but edited his listing and kept his position. I made the call and now the bike is in my garage. I will likely service/repair the bike and sell it on Craigslist.

The bike is dirty, but it appears structurally and mechanically sound. The paint is in very good condition. Although Gitane is a french bike, it was made in Japan.

In a fully rehabbed condition, what would be a good price for the bike?

Thanks for your help!