Old 08-03-11, 09:25 AM
cooleric1234

Bikes: CAAD9-1, Windsor Cliff 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
On the 7900, my 7900 bike has in-line cable adjusters, (a different style than this 2012 Infinito), but have not ever needed to use them because the drivetrain works perfectly. I even swapped the 53/39 with a 50/34, just lowered the FD slightly, and it still runs perfectly. Yeah, as you suggest, find a better mechanic.
I'll try that...I'm a little worried though. I'm usually pretty good about doing these adjustments myself, always did it successfully on all my other bikes and drivetrains. The problem is that if you run through the cassette once it all seems fine. It's more like one time out of 30 I'll miss-shift, or something won't work right in the front shifting. I'm wondering if it something is out of alignment or if there's a problem with the chainrings or something. My shop is busy and won't concern themselves with those hard to track down problems. Which is especially frustrating as it's been an issue since I bought the bike last year. So I don't want to have to pay for it but I think I'll have to find another shop and do just that.

Last edited by cooleric1234; 08-03-11 at 09:29 AM.