Old 08-03-11, 12:32 PM
gundom66

Bikes: Trek 4300 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
A tip of the hat to ya for not wanting to purchase on credit. That is admirable. (Wish I had your discipline.)
You don't know how much I go over thinking "should I or should I not..." I'm more of a roadie than an mtb'er. I was only forced to buy an mtb because it was a cheaper resolution and it's more flexible. I didn't know that the blood will start to boil once again after being in hiatus for about 20 years. This may sound ridiculous, but I've had nightmares buying a bike only to crash from a pothole full of finance charges. No joke! 3 times in the last year I've had 3 dreams. First was the Infinito, then the CR1SL, and the last one was just last week when I bought an R5 because I didn't win the S5 from the Tour de France contest. The funny thing about that dream was that the R5 came in Celeste! Then as I was going down on Quimby Rd from the Summit, I noticed the bike color and look changed to a Bianchi Olter Nero! Then as I was admiring the bike, I came across the exact same pothole and wasn't able to avoid it. I crashed, got up and checked the pothole. It was filled with billing statements full of finance charges. Then as I looked over to my bike, it changed to my mtb.

I'm telling you, I'm in bad shape...