Old 08-04-11, 10:17 AM
Amesja
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd
Darwin's right. The fork isn't backwards, but the stem is 180 degrees off. And, yeah, the shifters aren't attached. Nice work, Mr. Seller.
The brake caliper is on the "backside" of the fork which pretty much says to me that the quill & bars are either loose and spinning or they are tighened up in the wrong spot.

The fact that the shifter levers are just floating around and there is a zip-tie on the back wheel where what looks like the original vendor tag once sat makes me think that this seller is selling a bike that isn't even rolling. They picked it up and carried to the spot where they took the picture. The bicycle is not fully assembled.

Could be the seller stole the bike out of a showroom or a warehouse and is selling it. Anyone who has even a modicum of knowledge about bikes would not let the front wheel and forks sit backwards like that for a photo so that rules out a bike shop or bike shop employee selling this bike. The pedals are probably walmart specials because the seller felt there needed to be something on there and the bike "came" without pedals.

This ad screams HOT to me.