Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Unreasonable
Motorcycle vs Car, Car always wins. Motorcycles should get off the road.
One of the comments' in the OP's link, is this:

"He's no longer alive and so I'll say this... My heart, my condolences, my deepest sympathy to those he loved, loved him back, and those whom he touched along his life's journey. I ride motorcycles too. Yes, they are dangerous. But, I'm not going to go as far to say, that I won't ride because of this. . If he was in a car, would he had survived? Maybe.... But, just maybe. Maybe I'll be rich tomorrow.... maybe I won't. It's just maybe. This could've been a pedestrian walking across the street. The guy that hit him from behind may too, have been impaired...drunk, etc. It could've been an accident involving people on sidewalks, anything. The point I'm making is... If it had been a pedestrian struck by a car in Manhattan, should it be reasonable to say, "That's why I never walk the streets of Manhattan?".

This is exactly how I feel. I am not going to stop riding my bike, because another cyclist was killed. I am not going to stop 'taking the lane', for the sake of people like you wanting to speed.

OPEC loves you.