View Single Post
Old 08-07-11, 10:55 AM
MK313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Delta Threadless Stem Adapter

Since I haven't seen any mention of this item & my LBS's don't carry it, I figured I'd post this in case someone else is in the same predicament. One of my bikes has a threadless headset that is too short for my tastes. I can ride it, but long distances become uncomfortable.

I was looking at getting a new stem with a higher rise, in hopes of making the bike a little more comfortable, when I stumbled across the Delta Threadless Stem Extender. It allows you to raise your handlebars up to 3"). I got one, installed it (took literally 5 minutes since my brake/ gear cables were all long enough) & my bike is a thousand times more comfortable. I'm not super great with a wrench & wasn't looking forward to replacing the whole headset (or whatever the piece that the stem mounts to is called), so I haven't been riding this particular bike as much as I would like. Best $30 I spent all year (Obligatory heads up-I have no affiliation with this product/company other than as a satisfied user of this particular piece of gear)

Last edited by MK313; 08-07-11 at 12:49 PM. Reason: grammar/ correct name of part