Old 08-08-11, 06:08 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by ForlornEnemy
Thank you. I know I have been doing it wrong.

I just had myself a small bowl of pasta with a little sauce. And another protein drink. I will get myself a good weight training session in here in about 45 minutes.

And later I will get on the bike and give it hell. Because nothing else helps the misery in my head.

There is that certain "pain zone" you get on a bicycle... where you know you are suffering but you keep going. Last night I was pushing very hard, cursing aloud (in the country) up a long hill. I may have manboobs, but one thing is for sure... my legs are starting to build up, no doubt on that. Hard bulging muscles!
I'm picking up on a disturbing undercurrent in your posts, Forlorn. You keep writing about pain, suffering, torture, etc. I wonder if you are motivated to improve yourself or if you are doing this to punish yourself for getting so fat and sedentary. Self-improvement is supposed to be a positive experience. As an example, there are a lot of folks who do long distance or endurance riding here - Cliftongk1 and Mr.Beanz, for example - and while they write about how tough a ride is, its clear they are enjoying themselves. I'm not picking that up from you. I'm all for positive change; but that includes the head as well as the body. You might need to stop and rethink just why and how you are doing this.