Old 08-08-11, 06:44 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Re-reading a bunch of books. I situate them all around the house, had about 7-8-9-10 going at a time.

Rain assassin series by Barry Ei-something, one at a time. Just finished the 5th? The Requiem one.

Rider by Krabbe (at about km 110 or so). That's on the table with Breaking the Chain, Tales from the Bike Shop. 23 Days of July, Lance's War (best writer, very very good), Lance to Landis. It's interesting to see different viewpoints on, say, Carmichael, or the different "facts" as to why this or that happened; it adds a bit of guilt to me clicking on the velonews bookmark in the browswer.

Pale Horse Riding, Stephen something. Hunter? Bob Lee Swagger writer. Read a few others in last month, Point of Impact, Time to Hunt. Okay two others, not "a few".

Also just finished a few tech drama type things, the "Tom Clancy" like books. Bio terrorism, nuclear terrorism. I was switching between them and getting them mixed up. T-Rex is in one, Takagi in another. Bedroom.

Read for the first time "In the Cut". Depressing.

How to Drive Your Porsche, Vic Elford. I reread the "how to drive your car" books every now and then. There's one I like better but Elford, he got to race the Porsche 917s. He talks about smoothness, balance, stuff like that, versus pure cornering lines. It's good. Also good for a new (say less than 5 or 10 years experience) driver.