mb2000
E mio in parte

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi San Lorenzo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by droped
I have a great road bike (caad9 obviously) and finally and very reluctantly I went on a ride with some of my buddies with comfort/garbage bikes. Despite them being far more fit than me, I was yawning while they were struggling to keep. (not a brag, just the way it is with a real bike and a bit of knowhow) That got them a bit interested, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Anyways, I've been trolling craigslist for months in my area trying to locate a decent used road bike for a couple of them. They can afford it, but simply won't pony up the price of admission for a new road bike. I've all but given up. I live in a college town (Eugene, Oregon) and I'm convinced that there are simply never any decent deals to be had. A decent used bike can be had for the price of a new one. Just ridiculous.

I've read of other posters scoring sweet deals with aluminum/carbon fork bikes with 105 and/or Ultegra for $400 or less. I'm convinced they must have been stolen. Figure about twice that around here, even for a 5 year old bike with a few thousand miles.

Anyways, I give you this fine gem. A typical find for road bikes around here:
http://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/2537225208.html

(In case it gets flagged, it's a used Denali for $375. Lolz.)

How far are you willing to go for a deal? Living in Portland, there are consistently decent/good/fantastic deals going up on "our" craigslist. I got the bike below, my Aluminum/carbon fork Bianchi San Lorenzo w/full Dura Ace (except for 105 compact crank I swapped in) for $675.00 here. So I'd recommend browsing the Portland craigslist and telling your buddies when you see a deal worth driving for.