ilovecycling

Bikes: LOOK 595 & Cannondale CAAD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nuun electrolyte tabs?

Anyone else try these?

I did for the first time today, and I have to say that I had an awesome 50 mile ride today after work. I felt like I could have kept going for another 50. The weird thing is I didn't even eat that well. I didn't have breakfast because I had to study for this work-related certification exam that I took at 1pm. I was so nervous over the exam that I couldn't eat, so I forced down 1 sloppy joe around noon. Then I ate a smoothie and half of a chicken flatbread sandwich at around 4pm. Definitely not enough food for a fast paced 50 mile ride.

I've done rides like that before without eating enough, and I always start to cramp horribly at around 40 miles or so. This wasn't the case today. One water bottle had a dissolved Nuun tab, and the other had a Vitamin water (the yellow "energy" flavor). My legs felt fresh even after 50 miles. No cramping at all. I just felt like a beast out there today.

The taste was good too. Sort of light and salty tasting, but it was very thirst quenching. Didn't leave my mouth dry and sticky like Gatorade. I didn't feel thirsty for plain water afterwards like I do when I drink sugary sports drinks.

Anyways, to make an already long story short, I think it's a good product. I only decided to try them because I got a 4-tube sample pack and a nice Specialized Purist water bottle for $18 during a promotion sale Competitive Cyclist was running about a week ago. Not too bad considering a good water bottle goes for at least $10 by itself.