View Single Post
Old 08-11-11, 03:51 PM
snarkypup

Bikes: 1969 Raleigh Sports: The Root Beer Bomber

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thin Man, congrats! What a lovely place to get married. It was really pretty.

Advice? Don't drive. I know that's impossible, but drive as little as you can and rent something small. The roads are super narrow and everyone drives very fast. I'd cycle more than drive. While that sounds counter-intuitive, people were very respectful of us when cycling, but nearly killed us when we were driving. There are few real hills, and you can see way more on a bike. Doolin has tons of Irish music, so you'll have no trouble finding it. We found great Irish music everywhere we went. The area is so depressed that they are doing all they can to woo tourists.

Other advice... see the Aran Islands. I fell absolutely in love with Innishmore. What a lovely place that was! And cycle along the sea road between Rossaveal and Cashel. That was my favorite ride, even though it rained. We stayed in a 4-star hotel in Cashel (one of only 2 in town, as far as I can tell) called Zetland Country House. Worth staying there. It was GORGEOUS and had a wonderful view of Cashel Bay, as well as a great pub with live music.

Otherwise, have fun and talk to everyone. The Irish are very friendly once you break the ice.