Old 08-11-11, 05:40 PM
wens

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Ender's Game is great.

My first ever Stephen King book was the unabridged version (i.e. second release) of The Stand. I tried to read it through a few times, giving up on a lot on the fire guy's travels across the country. Finally got an abridged version (the original) maybe 5-10 years later. Read it. Then started the full version and read it straight through. It had to take me 10 years to finally read the book.

Finished pretty much all the books I was working on above except The Rider. Poking around for more. Looked at and rejected The Race / The Tour / Perfect Circles (too dramatic, kind of fake); all my WW2 panzer/strategy books; Tour books.

Found an old paper I wrote (for myself and a friend) about my cross-country trip. I started typing it out (I found a hard copy and want to preserve it electronically - I'd been combing my electronic archives specifically for this paper for a few months). I skipped a LOT of stuff in the paper, since I was sending it to a friend. I realized it'll be 30-50 pages by the time I finish it. As it is it's 18 pages, small font to make it fit, etc. The first few paragraphs turned into a few hours of typing then my brain frazzled.
That's the only King book I've ever read. Think I've read it twice, first time i was in 8th? grade, give or take a year. Definitely didn't understand a lot of what was going on there. Read it again later and marveled at how much i'd missed.