Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Upgrade or new bike?

I am fairly pleased with the frame, fit, and ride of my current bike. I would like the next step up (at least) of brifter's, brakes, better (lighter) wheelset and hubs, and stem/bars. I will have about $6-700 to spend on either upgrades, or selling my bike and putting with to be about a grand on another bike with the better components already on it.

Given that my bike cost me less than I am thinking about spending on other parts, and was only barely over a grand as a new bike, I feel like I might be putting too much into an entry level bike. It isn't that I am looking to sell it, just looking for it to roll a little better and to stiffen up the handlebars. The brifters are simply a quality item that I would rather have had right from the start. I have already changed the cranks and noticed what an improvement that was. With the other parts, it will certainly be a better ride, but perhaps overkill? There again, will I really find that much of a difference in that price range? What do y'all think?