Mose
Two wheels, two skis...

Bikes: Tarmac SL4, Lemond Victoire, Titus Motolite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
You do have to have a Master's degree in PT, but you don't have to complete an undergraduate degree. So you can do the 3 years of PT after 3 years of undergraduate work. http://www.apta.org/PTEducation/Overview/
Ah, thanks for taking the time to look that up. I was going to ask my wife when I got home. There was a fair amount of resistance for obvious reasons I guess when MA adopted the DPT regulation (all currently licensed PTs were grandfathered) but after seeing the responsibility she has in her current position, I think it was a good choice. I do know PTs work their asses off in school. She spent an entire summer semester doing gross anatomy, complete with cadaver disection, same as all the pre-meds, except with much more focus on skeletal, nervous and muscular systems, obviously. Including sectioning the skull.

Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Point is that the PT has at least as much training in what they're doing as the Chiropractor, and they're working with a physician that has a whole lot more training than the Chiropractor.

By the way, have you ever met a Chiropractor that had the grades and test scores to get into medical school and chose to be a chiropractor instead?
I would say the PT training is far superior in that it is soundly based in science, plus there's often more of it. I'm not saying there aren't bad PTs out there either, just like anything else. But I wouldn't trust a chiropractor as far as I could through one.