mpath
Recusant Iconoclast

Bikes: Look 695, Wilier Izoard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kleinboogie
I saw one a few times when my knee was hurting. The therapy did help plus it gave me some good ideas for Kinesio taping my legs which has also helped with strains. I saw him because my wife and daughter see him and he's helped them, he knows sports (he works on some of the Chargers and that's their livelyhood) and he knows physiology which as a cyclist, the more I know the less I'll get injured. According to him my insurance rocks so since I rarely get sick at least my premiums get some use. Do what works for you. GL
This mirrors my experience too. I hadn't gone for over 10 years, then three years ago when my knee was hurting from running - and having gone to PT's and doctors (I work in higher ed, the dean of the school of kinesiology is a colleague) and generous use of Kinesio tape, decided to go to my wife's chiro. He said my knee problems was a symptom and not the cause; rather, my left hip was out of whack. Got that aligned, waited a few days, then ran painlessly ever since.....until I injured my ITB because of a stupid dog! But that's another story.

And no, I haven't been duped onto a "maintenance plan". I've been to the chiro just a few times since.