View Single Post
Old 08-12-11, 01:07 PM
soma2x

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have VO Porteur bars on my grocery bike. Excellent handlebars, maybe the most comfortable ever, nice quality/finish just not too great for long climbs where you need to stand up on the pedals.

Had a VO Belleville bar at one point. It was a little too narrow for me but the quality and finsh was very good. Put it on a bike I built up for a friend's daughter.

VO Chainguard on the grocery bike is great as well; installs fairly easily, looks great and it actually keeps your pants clean.

Just moved a VO 48-34 crankset, the mirror finished one they had on sale a while back, from the grocery bike to a new Soma San Marcos frame. Its nice but the chainrings aren't ramped, the small ring is slightly warped (doesn't lie flat on a flat surface) and the big ring's chain catcher pin is too long to fit under the crank where it should. Basically, it looks pretty and works fine but if you're picky...

I've also been riding a VO Model 5 Flyer clone saddle. Break in was a bit longer than for a Brooks but felt pretty good out of the box. I recently cut a Brooks Imperial-style channel in the top and now its AMAZING. But one of the nuts that holds the spring assembly to the saddle frame fell off on a ride. Easy enough to fix when I got home with a lock nut and a washer.

Just picked up a VO stem adapter so I could keep my flat-top road bars on the new San Marcos. The stem adapter is the best looking stem adapter I've seen.

Lastly, I just sold a frame on which I put a honey VO deer skin chainstay protector. It looked great initially faded very quickly and very badly even though I used proofide on it. However, the black one I put on my wife's bike still looks good.

Last edited by soma2x; 08-12-11 at 01:11 PM. Reason: forgot something