Old 08-12-11, 04:57 PM
rallykid
Spin my crank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hadn't noticed lol

My reasoning is I am a pretty tall guy and it is a more comfortable fit for me than my current 26" tire 19.5" frame Trek and the 21" frame specialized I rode. Not that concerned with acceleration as if I am riding flats I am probably going to be pulling the trailer with my 13 month old, the downhill stuff I do isn't too extreme and I think the extra tire size will give an advantage on the roots and ruts as I have gotten hung up a few times with my 26 while a 29er rolled over it next to me with just a bump. I also don't do huge drops so not overly concerned with wheel strength and if they get tweaked than it will get fixed or replaced.

It will be my all around bike like my current Trek. Riding it back to back with a Rockhopper 26 I didn't notice an appreciable acceleration difference between the 29. Maybe my legs are stronger than some that complain of major acceleration issues. I am sure against a stop watch the 29 would be fractionally slower but that is not a concern for me as I don't have many stop watches roaming around my neigborhood challenging me to race.

Last edited by rallykid; 08-12-11 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling errors from trying to post in a hurry from my phone as I am a grammar nazi