Old 08-12-11, 10:28 PM
DTownDave22

Bikes: hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bkj
I was just in Michigan & Toronto for vacation. We started in Detroit & I bought a cool old Schwinn Traveler from The Hub on Cass Ave. I rode it around the river walk area, then 2 days in downtown Toronto & the lakefront trails. Then we drove to Gaylord where I did the North Central trail while my wife drove on to Mackinaw City. We met up there & we went over to Mackinac Island for 3 days. Lots of riders there, few if any know what they're doing, but it's great place to go. Finally we drove back to Detroit & I donated the bike back to the Hub. Michigan is cool. Don't miss the Motown museum!
Jack at the Hub is from Texas, as I've read in an article. Your location says "Houston". Thinking about doing something similar, buying used at The Hub, but more so for hands-on learning, down the road; maybe even a kid's bike. Haven't been to Mackinac since I was a kid. What is it about Michigan that you like? Is it that cool? Or is it that it is comparably cool to Texas in the summer? Either way, glad that you enjoyed it. How was Toronoto? I'd like visiting there one day.

Also, www.m-bike.org (fishtoes2000, a.k.a. Todd) is a blog to read to stay updated on local biking-relevant news.