Old 08-13-11, 07:12 AM
dnuzzomueller
Banned.

Bikes: something

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As a courier in Boston I actually appreciate the more "Lax" approach by law enforcement here. I find that if a police officer tells me to stop, I stop, most of the times they will wave me through but I respect the police here in Boston. I am glad to hear they are choosing to be selective but that is just my view. Just do what the police verbally tell you to do and everything tends to work out pretty fine here. I have run reds after stopping and looking many a time directly in-front of police officers both in cars and those standing on the sidewalk. As long as you don't cause an issue it tends to work out.

I know there are many safety advocates that do not share my view and I accept that. I do though have a much more "Kill or be killed" attitude when it comes to riding in the city, If you need the lane, take it, if you don't then don't block others, if you can get through a situation carefully, do it, if you are in the wrong don't expect others to watch out for your mistakes, accept the consequences of your actions.