View Single Post
Old 06-29-05, 07:26 AM
HereNT
無くなった

Bikes: I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpop
2 things, first I was not born till the end of 76, but the main thing I want to say is to HereNT, gas prices will and do affect you, go to the local grocery store, the price to deliver those goods to you also include the cost of gas, do you really thing the trucking companys eat those costs because they care about you, no they could care less about the customers as long as they keep buying food, they will just pass the price of gas onto the service, which is passed to the store which will pass the increase on to you. And bike and bike stuff will go up with gas prices.
Yeah, there's that, but honestly, I don't notice that as much. I don't eat much food. When it starts effecting the price of whiskey.... And most of the trucks could start running on grain fuel with virtually no change. A lot of them out here already do. And as the guy was saying about people's vacation plans, it's not going to be a huge amount of difference, especially since diesel is cheaper than regular gas. If it's $100 more to ship a tractor trailer full of groceries to the store, how much more is that going to be for my coffee beans, which are probably just one of the few things that they are hauling on that truck? Pennies?