View Single Post
Old 08-16-11, 07:19 PM
ccd rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmaT120
My charger quit too, and they are sending me a new one under warrenty. Mine is a Rover II LED. Plenty of light for me even without using the highest setting. The light itself is so though that I wish they would make a version that could be run from a hub generator but I don't see any listed on their web site.
I didn't even know it was the charger that was bad on mine. I purchased a new Dual Cross on Ebay from a guy who stated he was going to Iraq and could not refund or exchange. It was worth the risk for the price asked (he had a very high rating) and it did seem like it was unopened in the box. So I charged up the battery and it worked fine the first charge. I got about two hours worth of time on the high setting. The second time I charged it, I had gone several days with the battery plugged into the light without using it. After charging and hooking it up to the light, I set out for a ride and almost immediately it started flashing the pattern that says it needs charged and then shut off. So....I thought I didn't charge it right so I charged it again and tried it a second time. It did the same thing. I suspected a bad battery, but didn't know if the light was bad instead. I thought I was sunk. Not only could I not return the light, I didn't even have the original receipt or registration for warranty. All I had was the invoice for the Ebay purchase. So I just took a flyer out of desperation and sent the entire package to Cygolite. It took them several weeks, but sent the light and battery back.....with a new charger. They said the charger was the culprit and everything worked perfectly after that. A few years later and no problems whatsoever. I now have a MityCross.....which is much smaller and lighter. Had it for a couple of years with no problem. I was impressed that in spite of the fact I was not the original owner, they fixed it free of charge with no questions.