Old 08-16-11, 09:27 PM
Abe Froman
Sausage King

Bikes: 2008 Specialized Langster, Kilo WT, 1986 Dahon Classic Folder, 1986 Panasonic Mountain Cat

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by z90
She sounds strange, but was she right about the trail not being open to bikes?
Yeah we were guilty of that. On the bike only trails, several bridges that Span a large stream have washed out. Since the hiker and biker trails intersect, and share the bridges a lot of bike traffic ends up on the hiker trails, which lead to MUP, which lead to more bike trails. The loss of the bridges has turned the bike trails into dead ends.
She didn't seem to think it was wrong for them to drive on MUP, which I thought was funny.

Originally Posted by FrenchFit
Sounds made up to me.
True story.

On the return trip we retraced our route (avoiding the spot where crazy lady was. We could hear them using their chainsaws!) and there was no trail damage anywhere. You couldn't even see tire tracks. All the mud we picked up was from one short stretch of low ground that was wet all the time.

I really had no problem with what she was saying, she can say and think whatever she wants, just the whole approach, the way she talked and the physical blocking of the trail kind of threw me.