mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Has this ever happened to you?!

Oh yea btw, before u read this, finish eating.... you've been warned

ok so i finish one of my flip bikes this morning, so time to work on another, hmm what to pic?!

I see this bianchi frame that i bought few months ago and last week i got a nice miele donor bike in, so this looks like the perfect project right? It has some nice ambrosio 19 rims on it (getting tires on these are going to be a b**ch and some nice suntour and shimano stuff)

Hmm so i strip down the rest of the bianchi give it a wipe down and then i decide what to do next.

Let's regrease the BB, i grab my tools and gloves and away go. Lock ring comes off, then i proceed to take the non-drive side cup out. I start pulling the spindle out and i notice some gunk, it just looks like a big chunk of grease and leaves and whatnot that just got caught up in the BB right?! I keep pulling then i see some hair, then wiskers......

and then........

A dead mouse's head falls to the ground infront of me with some debris of some sort, probably the mouse.

I did gag a little when i saw it, never had that happen to me. the odd part is that i didn't see the rest of the mouse bones and whatnot in the seat tube or bb bracket area, i guess it got stuck inside the seat tube? well i grabbed the shop vac and put it on reverse and blew out anything else left in the seat tube and bb.

this was pretty gross, it reminded me of this one time. I used to do professional selling for a boat dealership for a very long time, i remember there was a rush job and i had to help clean a boat quickly, i went into a storage area or so and there was reminents of a dead cat in this storage area. i remember opening the hatch and seeing a liquefied cat, with it's skull and the rest of it's bones still there and hairs floating around in the disgusting water. The smell was something like no other as well.

This is probably the grossest thing that's happened while i've been fixing a bike, anyone else got any interesting stories?

hopefully someone on here can one-up me

Last edited by mapleleafs-13; 08-17-11 at 07:31 AM.